Monday, March 1, 2010

Love painting lighthouses!




There's nothing more haunting than an abandoned lighthouse.  For a couple of years I painted only lighthouses and found them a fascinating subject.  What a noble history they had in guiding seafarers to safety.  Lighthouse keepers were a brave and courageous lot!  SGI Pres. Ikeda, wrote: "One lighthouse illuminates the way for many ships to steer a course safely through uncertain waters.  In the same way, people with strong and committed faith shine as beacons of hope for their families."  In my next life, I would like to be a lighthouse keeper!
I came upon  lighthouse painting from my watercolor teacher.  He had a painting of one in one of our class exhibits a few years ago, and I became fascinated with researching and learning how to paint the finer points of the subject.  Whatever the subject manner of your painting, it's great therapy for the soul!

No comments: